To start selling a product on Amazon
, you’ll create a product listing in Seller Central
. A product listing includes:
• A product identifier, such as GTIN, UPC, ISBN, or EAN to specify the exact item you’re selling. You can get a UPC code directly from GS1
, or request an exemption
• A SKU, which is a product ID you create to track your own inventory.
• Offer details, including price, product condition, available quantity, and shipping options.
• Product details like name, brand, category, description, and images.
• Keywords and search terms to help buyers find your product.
If another seller already offers the same product, you’ll match an existing listing (which means some details will already be in place, like the product identifier). If you’re the first seller to offer a product, you’ll create a new listing.